islendingabull

Thursday, June 23, 2005

My fellow shopper

Reading Necbone´s post today reminded me of an incident that happened last year at Costco in Connecticut.

My son and I were doing the shopping for the month, and our shopping list was quite long. On my way into the store I grabbed a shopping cart, and noticed as soon as we entered the store that it had a rather annoying clatter in one of the wheels. To lazy to go out to get another one, we pressed on.

About half way through our shopping list, we needed an item in a narrow isle, and since the store was busy I left the shopping cart in front of the isle out of the way, so other shoppers would be able to walk trough also. When my son and I return, someone had emptied the cart on top of a floor display and taken OUR cart. I was speechless; I had never in my life experienced such behavior.

I went out of the store and got another non-clattering cart and completed my shopping, only to end up behind a very familiar clattering cart on the way to the check out. This is where I loudly, and with passion started teaching my son about how to treat other people, and how some people are not raised properly. I am very sure my son will never steal someone’s shopping cart, and if he does he will see my disapproving look for weeks afterwards. As for the shopping cart snatchers, I know they heard me, and one even blushed while I was telling my son about proper upbringing, but I don't think it changed anything. I could have confronted and drowned them in profanities in more than one language, but that isn't me I just cry about it a year later in a post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home