islendingabull

Thursday, June 09, 2005

MVA II

I am as of 11:20 this morning a proud member of Maryland drivers with the license to go with that honor. It only took me 4 1/2 hours two days and five different MVA representatives. The trick is REFUSE to leave without a license.

1st clerk booth# 4. grade D
Unfriendly and slightly mean told me I did not have the required information since their requirements had changed since yesterday. I told her I would not leave unless I talked to a supervisor, ms booth#4 sent me to booth #6. (Ms Booth#4 was attractive, but since we are both female it did not improve her grade).

Supervisor Booth #6. Grade F
Supervisor came over after aprox 15 min wait, and agreed with booth #4 stating that indeed the policy had changed and now in addition to my immigration docks, passport, drivers license, and 3forms to prove residency I needed my social security card. This was not the case yesterday therefore I am assuming random policy change. I told her I would not leave until I receive a license. At this point the document handler was paged. (Supervisor's grade is bad because the poor creature was unbelievably irritating).

Document handler Booth #7 Grade C+
(Now who wouldn't want that on their name tag?)
Dh grade suffered a bit because I was at this point getting to be very angry, but to her defense she completely turned my mood around (almost). She seemed to think that we could work with my paperwork (after me begging for a while) even thought she would have wanted more substantial prove of my residency here in Maryland. She had me to run to my car and get my registration that had been turned down yesterday as something they couldn't take. After this I was sent on to booth #14 with a note from DH I guess it's kind of like a note from mom.

2nd Clerk Booth #14 Grade B- (I just can not give anyone at the MVA an A it would be wrong)
Nice and friendly lady took my $45.00 processed my paperwork, and handed me my license with the meanest looking picture of me I have ever seen. (Her grade is high because she gave me my license)

I know I said five people, but in the interest of keeping this profanity free I will not discuss my first day at the MVA again.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Way to stick it out and show those lazy, uninformed government workers who is boss!

    Fool

     
  • At 8:17 AM , Blogger acw said...

    Glad you finally got the driver's license. Congrats.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home