Bringin' home the bacon
Being a stay at home mom has its benefits - and its downfalls. Since I was nine years old I've worked. Not very good jobs (slaughter house, candy factory, bad restaurant etc.), but at least I had my own income. After Neckbone and I got married our understanding was always that I would continue to work, but things don't always go as planned...
Ring ring....
Me: hello
Neckbone: got a call from daycare- our son is sick, call them
Me: ok
Me: ring ring...
Daycare: Hello
Me: Yeah I am boy's mom I hear he's not feeling well.
Daycare: oh the boy that stopped breathing.....Can you hold please...(hold music)
Me: PANIC...MAJOR Panic...
45 minutes later I was with my son, and he is to this day fine, but this was the day we decided I would stay home...until today.
Neckbone: so, what are you going to do next fall?
Me: not do your laundry that is for sure!!
Necbone: Huh... Ok...
Me: if you think I am going to cater to everyone of your needs, for the rest of my life, you have another thing coming.
Neckbone: Err....okay...can I fetch you a Midol?...Please?
Me: I am going back to work whether you like it or not
Necbone: Ok, how about that pill now?
Me: Thinking (I hate arguing with him)
To make a long story short. I am going back to work this fall Yay me!!!. Anyone hiring?
Ring ring....
Me: hello
Neckbone: got a call from daycare- our son is sick, call them
Me: ok
Me: ring ring...
Daycare: Hello
Me: Yeah I am boy's mom I hear he's not feeling well.
Daycare: oh the boy that stopped breathing.....Can you hold please...(hold music)
Me: PANIC...MAJOR Panic...
45 minutes later I was with my son, and he is to this day fine, but this was the day we decided I would stay home...until today.
Neckbone: so, what are you going to do next fall?
Me: not do your laundry that is for sure!!
Necbone: Huh... Ok...
Me: if you think I am going to cater to everyone of your needs, for the rest of my life, you have another thing coming.
Neckbone: Err....okay...can I fetch you a Midol?...Please?
Me: I am going back to work whether you like it or not
Necbone: Ok, how about that pill now?
Me: Thinking (I hate arguing with him)
To make a long story short. I am going back to work this fall Yay me!!!. Anyone hiring?


2 Comments:
At 4:56 PM ,
Broadsheet said...
Queenie: Send me your resume. What do you like to do? Waht do you want to do? What makes you happy? I can tell you from recent experience, no job is worth it if it doesn't make you happy and give you a feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction.
PS Tell Neckbone to iron his own damn shirts!
At 7:22 PM ,
islendingabull said...
Thank you Linda, we'll talk. As for Necbone I bought him "Housekeeping for Dummies" He will be fine.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home