islendingabull

Friday, May 05, 2006

My Home

Neckbone and I are mostly settled in our new house. There are boxes here and there, but most of them I have managed to hide in closets, or rooms that are not on the high priority list. The boy's computer is all hooked up, and his TV is in working order. I am finding myself craving home when I am at work, and the need to run downtown every weekend seems to have disappeared. I love my little kitchen. I thought it might be difficult to work in such a small room, but I find it to be easy to clean, and our aging dog can't find a spot in there to be under foot. Above the sink is a little window that brings in light and sound making it perfect.

The front porch is screened in, and has proven to be the best place to watch traffic and enjoy an afternoon cocktail. The sent of a New England cottage, with its blends of aging wood and long evenings in front of the fire, linger in the dining and living room. Since our old house had larger rooms than this one, our furniture looks a little large and a little over stuffed, but in time that will be changed. We are waiting for our first houseguest, my father is coming hopefully a week from now.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:06 AM , Blogger Double Dogged said...

    Yep, It's nice to be at home and enjoy what it brings. I am glad for all of you.

     
  • At 6:11 AM , Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

    That's great, I'm glad you guys are settling in. :)

     
  • At 6:12 AM , Blogger jennetic said...

    It sounds wonderful!! Hopefully you still have the urge to come downtown sometimes for a few drinks! :)

     
  • At 7:45 AM , Blogger Broadsheet said...

    Can't wait to see it!! Post some pictures so we can procure an appropriate housewarming gift. Glad you guys are putting down roots. I like having you around!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home