Milestones
We met when I was 19, shortly thereafter he turned 21, and a friend held an umbrella over my head as I deleted my lunch in the Central CT state University's parking lot. We got married 3 weeks after he turned 22. We put our wedding bands on 6 months later in the parking lot of the Luke AFB base exchange, $150.00 poorer. At 24 we brought home a brown -haired black-eyed boy..."the boy" was born, and we had no idea how to be parents. Today at almost 36 I still don't know how to be a parent, but "the boy" seems to know how to handle us. Today I received my Mother's day present, because he can not keep a secret. "the boy looked at me and asked "are those tears of joy?" I just nodded, happy to have my boys.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home